At University, one of my Northern Irish friends used to say “What are you on?” if he heard anyone saying or saw anyone doing something he found strange. I believe he meant “what medications are you on, to make you say or do that?”
Well, today I’d like to ask my viewers the same question but in a slightly different context, namely, what social media platforms are you on?
I’m going to put a few of them, by no means all, into a poll, and please put a tick by all the services where you BOTH have an account AND use that account fairly regularly – the benchmark would be if someone you knew or an old friend tried to get in contact with you on there, could they do so and you see it and get back to them reasonably quickly, as in within a couple of weeks, say.
I have included Facebook, Myspace, Digg, Youtube and Twitter, which are largely of non-business use, and the rest are more the business networking sort of platforms, liked Linked-in, Viadeo, Xing, Ushi, Goldenline. I also included Google Latitude, which is in my view a new class of social media linking in GPS location to all the other things going on in social media. I’ve included in one line the fora of any newspaper you read that has discussion of articles where a regular crowd sometimes gathers.
Please add in comments, other than anything else you might wish to say about the relative advantages or disadvantages of these social media sites, any social platforms I’ve left off.
And please check back in after a few weeks, if you’re curious how it pans out, especially if you’re among the first to answer.
Remember – this poll has multiple tickable options, and there’s a supplemental question of how many ticks you put in – this is just so we can all see how many services our fellow internet people are using.
- “Survey of Small Business Owners Shows Widespread Adoption of Social Media; Facebook as a Favorite Business Tool; Significant Use Across Age Groups” and related posts (americanbankingnews.com)
- Manage Facebook Polls from Polldaddy.com (polldaddy.com)
- B2B Social Media Marketing Roadblocks & How to Plow Through Them (blisspr.com)
- Viadeo Peter Crosby On Why LinkedIn IPO Is Good For All Social Networks | Business | Sky News (exitbusiness.wordpress.com)
- Einstein, Emerson, or Alice in Wonderland? vote now (songbirdgold2.wordpress.com)
Categories: Business Life