Dear Quoracy.com subscribers,We would like to draw your attention to the liability of members of the management board in Polish companies, as regulated by a number of legal acts. Management board members bear civil liability, criminal liability, liability for tax obligations, liability to the Social Insurance Office and liability resulting from specific provisions (e.g. resulting from the Accounting Act – Journal of Laws of 2009, no. 152, position 1223).According to the provisions of the Commercial Companies Code (Journal of Laws of 2000, no. 94, position 1037) members of the management board bear civil liability for actions taken on behalf of the company already at the stage of establishment of the company, i.e. from the date of signing of articles of incorporationof the company. This applies even before registration of the company with the State Court Register.It should be noted that members of the management board bear civil liability towards the company, among other things, for any damages inflicted upon the company in result of the management board members’ activities or omissions contrary to the articles of incorporation. Furthermore, they are jointly and severally liable for the company’s liabilities when enforcement proceedings against the company have proven ineffective.
Criminal liability of members of the management board arises as a result of a property damage caused to the company.
Apart from civil and criminal liability, members of the management board are jointly and severally liable for tax arrears, as well as for lack of (timely) payment of contributions to social insurance. It has to be noted that this type of liability lasts even after deletion of the company from the State Court Register.
In most cases members of the management board may protect themselves against responsibility for the company’s liabilities on condition that they undertake appropriate preventive activities in due time.
We will be happy to give you any detailed information with regard to the liability of the management board members, as well as circumstances of release of the liability.
For further information please contact our expert:
Director of Corporate Department
T: +48 22 653 3649
We are moving!From 1st May 2011our new Warsaw office address and phone numbers will be:Crown Tower
ul. Hrubieszowska 2, 01-209 WarsawTelephone: +48 22 295 3300
Fax: +48 22 295 3301
- Creative Commons Global Meeting 2011 (creativecommons.org)
- Death in Truth or Consequences: Woman Mauled To Death By Four Pit Bulls (jonathanturley.org)
- How to Dissolve a Corporation (brighthub.com)
- Guidance on UK Bribery Act Imminent (businessinsider.com)
The Pdfs contain the invitations to these ideas, that appear to be an adaptation of the “speed dating” idea to business mixers! Whatever will they think of next? I hope people don’t get mixed up as to what they are doing or it could be an interesting scenario!
I can already envisage a comedy sketch or play based on someone turning up to a business speed mixer, not knowing what it was because of missing the start, and assuming that it was a speed dating evening, with humourous consequences!
Full marks to the French Chamber for coming up with the idea, though. I wish I could be there myself…
- How to handle speed dating rejection with class? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Visual Branding: Speed Dating? Speed Impression Management? (ozskin.wordpress.com)
- Speed Dating Coming to KC’s Black Socialites (jmonroeandco.com)
- Art Lovers: Speed Dating Mixer (iheartpgh.com)
- MOJO Mixer to Provide Speed Dating for Practicing Tech Entreprenurs (tech.mn)
- Adventures in Speed Dating (sothisisdcdating.wordpress.com)
- Local speed dating event – what would you ask? (timesunion.com)
This one day training course will help you to improve your business communication skills in this key area.
For many of us writing e-mails is crucial to our relationships with our contacts in other parts of the country or internationally. Writing effective e-mails can enhance your personal effectiveness and business performance as well as having a big impact on how you are perceived by partners and colleagues.
The course will focus on 4 principles:
- Be clear – planning, layout of facts and figures, simple English, addressing and referencing people
- Be concise – use of appropriate grammatical forms, simple vocabulary, sentence structure
- Be courteous – use of appropriate tone, appropriate pronouns, positive language, awareness of audience
- Be correct – checking, consistent style, punctuation, accuracy
This course is conducted in English and is suitable for participants with English levels from B1 up to advanced levels and who have some prior experience in writing English e-mails.
Please note:Cancellation of confirmed participation can be made no later than Friday, 20 May at 5.00 p.m. No-shows will be invoiced after the event in full amount. We reserve the right to make changes to the programme due to unforeseen circumstances. By registering, you give your consent to our maintaining and processing your personal data, and using your electronic address for the purpose of disseminating business-related communications by the BCC and its sponsors.
BCC golf Awards ceremony and business mixer, Občanská Plovárna, U Plovárny 8, Prague 1, 5.5.2011 REGISTER HERE
Ethics at Lunchtime, The Augustine hotel, Letenská 12/33, 118 00 Prague 1, 12.5.2011 REGISTER HERE
AGM 2011, Žofín Restaurant, Slovanský Ostrov 226, 110 00 Prague 1, 24.05.201 REGISTER HERE
British Chamber of Commerce in the Czech Republic
Malé náměstí 11, Prague1, 110 00, Richter House, 3rd floor
Tel: +420 224 835 163 / Fax: +420 224 835 162
- Chamberwatch: Invitation to BCC Workshop – English for HR Professionals, 21 April 2011, Prague (quoracy.com)
- BCC Invitation to workshop Ethics at Lunchtime, 24 March 2011, Prague (quoracy.com)
- Chamberwatch: Invitation to BCC British Day at the Races, 17 April 2011 (quoracy.com)
- BCC Invitation to workshop “Negotiating – The Win-Win Approach”, 10th March 2011, Prague (quoracy.com)
Once again Lucia Rablova and her team have pulled out all the stops and given us a timely Tax Alert for the Czech Republic.
- 50 CZK banknote is not valid (praguevisit.wordpress.com)
- Thousands of pens sent to Czech president after he’s caught stealing one (thestar.com)
TGC Corporate Lawyers Poland sent us another of their timely legal alerts:
Dear Quoracy Subscribers,
Extended taxation on gratuitous actions
As of 1 April 2011 all transfers of goods belonging to the tax payer’s enterprise made by the tax payer gratuitously (whether made for purposes relating to the enterprise or not) will be subject to taxation if the tax payer was entitled to reduce the output tax by the amount of the input tax in respect of such goods, in full or in part.
Medical packages for employees
The amendment introduces a VAT exemption on provision of services consisting of the employers making medical benefits available to employees and their family members.
Delivery of goods and provision of services by an entity not having a registered office in the Republic of Poland
Pursuant to the amendment, if the entity providing services or delivering goods to the tax payer in Poland does not have its registered office, permanent place of residence or permanent place of business in Poland, the recipient of services or buyer of goods shall always be the tax payer in respect of such transactions.
Trade in scrap – new taxation rules
The amendment changes the rules for settling the tax in trade in scrap and rights regarding emission of greenhouse gases. The said amendment introduces a general rule pursuant to which it is the purchaser who is obliged to pay VAT in respect of delivery of scrap and transfer of rights to emit greenhouse gases.
We will be pleased to provide you with detailed information regarding amendments to the VAT Act. For this purpose, we can prepare appropriate training, meetings with our tax advisers and opinions regarding issues of interest to you.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Director of Tax Department
T: +48 22 653 3804
T: +48 22 653 3750
- Poland slow in probe of Kaczynski plane crash: Russia (cbc.ca)
- The meaning of traveling is to me – Rzeszow, Poland (travelpod.com)
- Belarusians get a little help from their Polish friends (macleans.ca)
- Isn’t this antisemitism old news, Poland? (thejc.com)
- The most storks in Europe are in Poland – Kraków, Poland (travelpod.com)
The Nordic Chamber in the Czech Republic sent us the following
- Tel: +420 774 123 370
- Fax: +420 226 015 885
In partnership with Nordic Chamber of Commerce
Up with People performs their show –
A Song for the World – in Prague
For 45 years Up with People has performed for more than 20 million people in 42 countries world-wide and for 100 million viewers at television shows or at 4 Super Bowl halftime shows.
After 20 years Up with People returns to Prague to make a special performance at the Hybernia Theatre at Náměstí Republiky in the center of Prague.
The municipality of Prague 5, and the City of Prague are supporting the visit of Up with People to Prague. Additional partners are AmCham, Prague Student Summit, European Year of Volunteering 2011, Rotary and Rotaract Clubs in Prague, UniqueConsult s.r.o. and M.S. Stavební s.r.o.
The Up with People cast consists of 100 members from 21 different countries in the age of 18 to 29. Their 6 month tour brings them to the USA, the Bahamas, the Netherlands, Belgium, Czech Republic, Switzerland and Mexico.
During the week-long stay in Prague the cast will engage with the Czech youth at the “Up with People Youth Forum”, where young Czechs can be inspired by their international visitors to discuss “Good Governance” and learn how young people can make a positive impact and engagement in their local communities.
Up with People will perform their high-energy, colorful, “Broadway-style” musical show at the Hybernia Theatre for 900 people on Thursday April 21st at 20:00. Among people invited to the show are officials from Prague City and Prague 5, key politicians, diplomats and business people.
You have an opportunity to be involved as well and to experience the positive impact of Up with People.
Be a Partner, buy tickets or become a host family. Look at the attached presentation for more information.
Assistant Director, Asia / Europe
Cell Phone #: +420 721 445 109
Emails: lpetzhold | Website: www.upwithpeople.org
- A Summer Prague (huliganov.tv)
- Behind the once Iron curtain – Prague, Czech Republic (travelpod.com)
- Souvenirs from Prague (praguevisit.wordpress.com)
- Religion and freedom – Prague, Czech Republic (travelpod.com)
Chamberwatch: BEPOLUX Business Lunch with Mr. Mikolaj Dowgielewicz, Secretary of state in the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs – 06/05/2011
BEPOLUX has the pleasure to invite you to its next Business Lunch on
Friday, the 06th of May, 2011, at 12.00 pm.
Boulevard A. Reyers 80
Mr. Mikołaj Dowgielewicz, Secretary of state in the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
responsible for the presidency, will be our guest-speaker and will present :
” THE PRIORITIES of THE polish EU PRESIDENCY “
H.E. Mr. Slawomir Czarlewski, Ambassador of the Republic of Poland will introduce the speaker.
During this meeting, you will also have the opportunity to exchange views and experiences on the Polish
market with other Bepolux members conducting business in Poland, and to meet with representatives
from the Polish Embassy and from the Chamber of Commerce.
To attend this event, please return the Reply Form in attachment as soon as possible, or confirm via
Belgian-Luxembourg-Polish Chamber of Commerce
” Bepolux “
|Jean-Marie De Baerdemaeker Managing Director||Philippe Godfroid|
- “Mikołaj Kopernik” by Jan Matejko – Ania from Class 2b (countrythrupainting.wordpress.com)
- French, British leaders urge allies to take united action on Libya – Xinhua (news.google.com)
- Microsoft Still Lobbies for Software Patents in Europe, Even by Pretending to be Small European Company/ies (techrights.org)